Duties of Delegates to NEA RA:
- Each delegate will be expected to arrive in the NEA-RA host city in time to ensure registering as an official delegate to the Representative Assembly (RA) with both the California delegation and NEA.
- Each delegate will be expected to attend all caucuses of the California delegation. Normally, the caucus begins at 7 a.m. daily. Delegates must be registered with the California delegation to participate in the caucus. Delegates are expected to remain through the convention.
- Each delegate shall attend all business meetings of the RA.
- Each delegate is strongly encouraged to attend NEA budget committee hearings, resolutions committee hearings, bylaw committee hearings, speeches by prominent national figures, etc.
- Each delegate should take into consideration CTA State Council and caucus policy when voting.
- Each delegate is encouraged to participate fully in all activities of the California delegation.
- Each delegate — state and local — will be expected to sit with his or her Service Center Council delegation on the RA floor or to inform the appropriate person where he or she will be seated. This is to ensure communication regarding RA business and/ or personal emergency information of concern to the delegate, as well as to verify attendance.
All Delegates need to understand that, as a state delegate, their attendance is being directly funded, at least partially, by membership dues. Delegates need to accept their responsibility to carry out the above specified duties.